We hear a lot about how we should express our gratitude daily, the need of focusing on positives and appreciating things we already have, instead of constantly chasing something unattainable.
Whilst at home in Poland recently, I read an interesting article in the Polish version of Women’s Health magazine (for my Polish readers, it is available here). It discussed how most of us, sadly, doesn’t realise how fortunate we already are, yet we constantly desire more from life. It also stated that those who do appreciate little positive things every day are overall happier than those who were constantly moaning, complaining and wishing they had more in life.
I know it’s not rocket science and that there are plenty of similar articles out there. But sometimes it’s the right place and the right time and all of a sudden something gets through to you. That article got me thinking and made me appreciate certain things and people that I already have in my life. I am now trying even harder to notice those little moments and gestures I experience every day, in order to further express my gratitude.
Therefore this week I am grateful for:
- Antek starting to walk (!) and therefore becoming more independent each day
- Gorgeous pink tulips that currently greet me in the hallway
- Being able to complete another week of training and feeling stronger (hello, muscles!)
- A lovely message from a dear friend that has put me a big smile on my face
- An unexpected call from my mum in the evening and our lovely chat
- Antek having a couple of longer naps during the day, allowing me to have some quiet time
What are you grateful for today / this week?