Things I Want to Remember
The first year of motherhood is nearly finishing and I simply cannot believe it. It seems that only yesterday I wrote this post, patiently awaiting the arrival of my baby, and then a little bundle of joy came to this world on a rainy Sunday morning in April.
From day one we have taken hundreds of photos and recorded dozens of videos in order to capture the special moments and milestones in the life of our baby boy. But there are certain things, emotions and scents that cannot be recorded or, sadly, bottled up somewhere for us to cherish in the future. That’s why after reading Kelly’s post I decided to create my own list of some of the things I want to remember from this first passing year of motherhood.
- The moment his little fingers wrapped around my index finger for the very first time
- The funny squeaky noises he made in the first weeks of his life, gaining him a nickname ‘Piglet’
- How he would burst out laughing whenever Daddy would shower his naked belly with kisses
- His thick but unbelievably soft hair that would stick out in different directions
- How we would nap together in the mornings, hand in hand, nose to nose (and I would sometimes sneakily watch him sleeping, because how could I not?)
- The way he would wrap his tiny arms around my neck and curled his head in the nook of my neck
- The moments he started crawling and later walking, the feeling of pride watching him learning new skills
Motherhood is challenging and can be hard at times. But these things (and much more) are what makes it so very special.
Photo by A Little Moment