Here I am, on the eve of my 30th birthday.
So many people mourn the passing of their twenties when they turn this age. I’m the opposite. I am actually looking forward to this new decade of my life and seeing what it will bring me. My twenties had a fair share of negative emotions, toxic relationships and bad memories. I am hoping that the next ten years (at least) will be more empowering, positive and filled with more joy.
When I was planning this post, I thought I’d do a summary of my previous years, what I’ve accomplished or write a list of goals for the upcoming decade of my life. But that would make for a VERY LONG post. And I like to keep things quite minimal these days.
There are, however, a few objectives and general guidelines that I would like to follow and live by for the years to come.
I want to…
- treat my body with love and respect, fuel it with the cleanest and freshest foods possible and move it every day
- invest in wardrobe staples, stop following the fast fashion movement
- learn how to style my hair (finally!)
- prioritise sleep and establish a solid bedtime routine
- plan more family outings, adventures and trips
- be the best mum and wife I can be
- constantly educate myself, learn new skills, brush up on my languages
- overcome depression and anxiety
- don’t compare myself to strangers on internet
- find beauty in the daily grind
- be more present
- take more photos
OK, thirties. Let’s have you.